Curt on the Ecosystem

Steve Abram just sent me an article in a Seattle newspaper (that some friends in Washington sent to him) about Curt Ebbesmeyer's work on the ecosystem. We are all proud of him and admire his dedication to understanding the threats to our oceans and to our ecosystem and to finding solutions to them. Lisa Stiffler wrote the article on Curt, "The message in the (plastic) bottle in dire" and it appears at http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/specials/brokenpromises/288097_plastic10.asp
on the web.
Curt's own website, Beachcomers' Alert!, is at
http://www.beachcombers.org/
2 Comments:
Well, congratulations to King Curt on being published (again). I will consult with him on all my flotsam and jetsam problems.
What is the human race doing to itself? I am not oceangoing, as is Curt, but I do take note of increasing amounts of dogshit on the lawns and sidewalks near my house and garbage in the gutters. Consequently, I'm not surprised that a few million plastic items are cluttering up and polluting the oceans.
Way to go Curt. Keep on publishing.....
Post a Comment
<< Home