Monday, June 25, 2007

Hi all,
After four days of attempting to post a note on the blog, I'm in !
I check the blog most every day to keep up with the brother's activities, and Stu's note re: Pismo is " telling "
It's a shame, in my opinion, that more brothers don't or can't get on to share ideas or concerns. John's request for changes in the roster would require an e-mail rather then a comment to the blog for most brothers. Things like " when Jeff Matz is going to be sprung " or " what's the current condition of Dick Law " are things we'd like to know but are unable to inquire since it's a bear to get on.
I spoke with Aladdin last month and he inquired in his usual manner " about the brothers". He's doing as well as can be expected in that neighborhood, but he's still alive and unable to discuss those things on the phone. His son, Dr. Nadar, and wife are OK, and son Nadar has a working e-mail address that can get to Al. I'm sure he'd like to hear from as many of you as possible, to bolster his spirits.
For now, I'm going to leap off my soap box, and looking forward to seeing you all in Pismo. I'm also looking forward to reading comments about this note.
Have a great summer.
Bob Axel

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello to you Forum checkers:

Kudos to Br. Axel on his persistence. Four days to get on the blog is a little off the world record, but with a little practice....

So happens I have an update on Dick Law, and it comes from Spencer DeZube, whose ex-wife Vickie is friends with Dick's sister. I wish the news were better. Dick has completely withdrawn and doesn't want to see anybody.

Depression comes with the territory in stroke victims, and it takes medications and a lot of TLC to overcome it. In Dick's case, he has discontinued his therapies, medications and as for TLC, I think he's discontinued that too.

Yes, it's a shame that only a few of us have 3 or 4 days to spend trying to post a message. I am urging Cagle to give a symposium on the use of the blog at the Retreat. Maybe Bob can also share his experience.

Stay well, all. See you in Pismo!!

2:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home