DICK LAW UPDATE
Good Day:
Lots of you have asked about Dick. Recently, I contacted his son, David and asked for an update. David provided the following information.
"...my fathers condition is & has been consistently improving. He now starts his own therapies daily at home (tue & thur @ hospital), shaves & grooms himself, all of wich he didn't do a year ago. He's also walking more often now. He likes live music & movies most (no change there). He's spending more & more time out of bed!! He takes care of the garden (watering) & loves being around his grandkids, especialy Kady the newest. He has not made much progress with communication, thus the major source of depression/aggrevation has not been allieviated. There has never been any thought of losing hope in this area however."
Unfortunately, Dick continues to be unreceptive to contacts or visits from us. Perhaps this is a product of his inability to communicate, something that came quite easily for Dick before his illness.
I'm encouraged by this report, as I had received specific information that Dick had discontinued medications and therapies and had, in effect, given up. If Dick and his family can hope for improvement, so can we.
David's e mail address is: dreallaw@yahoo.com for those of you who want to inquire or get messages to Dick.
Best,
Stu
2 Comments:
I wrote David a note to say I'm looking forward to Dick getting a pink Olds 98 and a lawnmower to get back to his lawn route. Glad he's doing better.
Hello everyone! Just spent 2 hours trying to get 78 photos posted somewhere for everyone to view. ???? this shit is frustrating? I've signed up accounts everywhere & downloaded lots fo new software. But now it seems I've accomplished nothing, I feel retarded here. sombody help. There on Picasa, but I can't seem to close the deal here.? too tired (& frustrated w/PC) to do anymore today. calling a computer software friend to help later in week. I think I may have a PC problem? Sorry there's lot's of good photos too. Good bye for now. I will try to individually e-mail some of them to some of you instead.
Post a Comment
<< Home