Thursday, May 22, 2008

message from Vance Meyer

Dear Brothers: It's been awhile since I've posted on the internet and Bob Axel is right, we should all use it more often to keep up with each other. About 3 months ago Stu Olster mentioned that I was having neck surgery due to spinal snenosis. I had some bone taken from my hip and they created 2 new disks for my neck. I'm still wearing a soft brace and hope to get released by the neuro surgeon in a few weeks. I cann drive again which I was not able to do for 12 weeks. The good news is the doctor thinks I will have 100% recovery. Well, you'd think that would be enough problems for the year. Oh hell no. I was just diagnosed with prostrte canceer and don't know yet what action the doctors will recommend. I recall Marv Kaplan had a serious prostrate problem about two years ago and had some sound advice for all of us. Marv if you read this and haVE ANY THOUGHTS I'D APPRECIATE HEARING THEM. I know this isn;t a very uplifting report, but I thought you fella's should know my situation. As Gilda Radner used to say, "it's always something" I've decided the only golden years are from 0 years to 5 years old before you start school. After that life is just one ration of shit after another. I hope everyone has a great summer and I'll keep you posted. Vance Meyer

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home