Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Post Holiday Visit with Dick Law


On Monday, January 3rd, a bunch of us (Pollard, Roberts, Sparks, Costanzo and Ellsworth) drove to Carlsbad to see Dick Law and his family. Dick looks good, as a matter of fact, he looks better than most of us (see picture). Although he has trouble communicating, he is persistant and patient. It was good to see Karen again and to meet his son David. We had lunch at a local spot and got eachother caught up with what's been going on. I think I can speak for all of us when I say that I've missed Dick since his stroke and I'm glad we had the opportunity to spend the time with him.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Cagle said...

Warms my heart.
A cherished memory is a marathon study session in Dick Law's room at his family home (near the Nordhoff PKT house) with Dick, Gerry Adams, Ed Hanson, and I, and Dick's mother comes in with a pitcher of hot chocolate and a plate with a loaf of cream cheese & jam on toast. Would I have ever gotten a PhD without hot chocolate and cream cheese & jam on tast? I think not.
Fraternally
John Cagle

7:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

John wouldn't have gotten his Phd if we had gotten caught doing all the other things we did in those days. The cream cheese would have just gumed -up the wild machine John was operating. Fun times ...

Bob Axel

11:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home