Monday, May 02, 2011

Joe Buchwald Service

Joe Buchwald has passed away, alas.
Joe was the faculty advisor for Pi Kappa Tau in the 1960s, and in the years since has remained a close friend and brother. He attended the past couple of Pismo Retreats. He always a source of good humor and good stories. For me in particular, he always had good advice too, in my years as a professor at Fresno State and then as I followed Joe's footsteps into retirement.
May he rest in peace!
John Cagle

Bob Kari asked me to post the following:

"To all the brothers we lost our dear friend Joe. Ralph has offered to ride with me and will be at my home between 11:15-11:30 if anybody would like to ride together. Cheryl and I will be having blankets made in Joe's name at our blanket ministry. I don't have every ones email so please let others know. Phi Alpha, Bob"

From Phyllis Buchwald, for Joe's family, we are posting this:

Hello to all once again.

Joseph Buchwald, our Father, passed away early morning May 1, 2011

We honor his life on Sunday, May 8, 2011. (Mother's Day)

1p.
Hillside Memorial
6001 Centinela Avenue
Los Angeles, CA. 90045
(800) 576-1994

We welcome photographs, memories, your presence and above all--some of Dad's best jokes. (I can't remember any at the moment )


Requi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home